Originally presented on April 8, 2021
Child Abuse Prevention: State of the Science
To help raise awareness during Child Abuse Prevention Month, CalTrin and our sister organization, the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse (CEBC), are partnering to present Child Abuse Prevention: State of the Science. This webinar will review the research evidence base for child abuse prevention programs, with a focus on primary and secondary prevention. Attendees will also learn how to identify which programs are most appropriate for their agency’s needs. In addition, we will introduce the CalTrin team, review our plans for 2021, and share more about how we can support professional development within the context of child abuse prevention.
Who should attend: All Staff
- Children’s Bureau Child Abuse Prevention Month website
- California Office of Child Abuse Prevention (OCAP): Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Action Worksheet
- Implementation Meeting slides
- Child Abuse Prevention Month Resources Handout
- California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse (CEBC) Topic Summaries
- The California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse: A Guide f or Family Resource Centers
- US DHHS Children’s Bureau 2021/2022 Prevention Resource Guide
- CDC Prevention Technical Package
- CDC Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES): Leveraging the Best Available Evidence
JESS MATTLY, MBA
As a Training Coordinator for the California Training Institute (CalTrin), Jessica’s primary goal is to ensure staff, administrators, and stakeholders working in child abuse prevention services have access to quality training and resources.