Welcome to CalTrin’s Resources page. This is where you will find links to organizations that provide high-quality, accessible content to extend learning and professional development in child abuse prevention and family strengthening topics. Discover fact sheets, guides, videos, and websites available in Spanish here.
Other Online Learning Sources
- Have a complicated schedule?
- Looking for a course that CalTrin doesn’t offer?
- Need a specific course to meet a requirement?
- Putting together a training plan for a new employee?
These are just some of the reasons that you might turn to online learning. This section includes options for free, on-demand, self-paced courses focused on child abuse prevention and family strengthening.
- California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC) CalSWEC’s e-learning courses cover content in both child welfare and mental/behavioral health topics and can be used by a wide variety of family-serving professionals, as well as foster parents, resource families, and others.
- Children’s Trust Fund Alliance (CTFA) CTFA’s online courses support implementation of the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework and are for anyone who works with children and families, including parents, practitioners, and supervisors. The curriculum includes materials on partnering with parents and addresses promising strategies to strengthen families. Courses are free but CEUs may be obtained for a fee.
Resources to Extend Learning or Meet Your Team’s Specific Development Needs
Child Maltreatment Prevention
- California Essentials for Childhood (EfC) Initiative Essentials for Childhood
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Children’s Bureau Learning and Coordination Center (CBLCC)
- FRIENDS National Center for Community Based Child Abuse Prevention
- Office of Child Abuse Prevention (OCAP)
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- California Department of Social Services Information Resources Guide
- Capacity Building Center for States – Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative
- Casey Family Programs
- Questions from the Field includes more than 280 products providing information, analysis, and inspiration for improvement and transformation comprised of input from child welfare and tribal leaders, judicial representatives, and policymakers.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Child Welfare League of America
- Children’s Bureau Express
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ)
- National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
- TRANSFORM Research Center
Evidence-Based / Evidence-Informed Services
- California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare (CEBC)
- Provides a searchable database of programs that can be utilized by professionals who serve children and families involved or at risk of involvement with the child welfare system.
Management & Leadership
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Minority Professional Leadership Development Program
- National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)