The Reimagining Prevention initiative is centered on Assembly Bill 153 Comprehensive Prevention Planning; moving upstream toward primary prevention; change management to support successful, sustained implementation; and community engagement that fosters innovative, collaborative prevention efforts across all systems in California. Reimagining Prevention will inspire you to reimagine prevention and how we support and promote child and family well-being and provide you with information, tools, and resources for prevention planning in your community.
Reimagining Prevention webinars, workshops, and technical assistance events hosted by the initiative’s partner agencies will help communities prepare for Comprehensive Prevention Plan development by providing guidance and information on the planning and implementation process. These foundational webinars will also focus on implementing prevention and family strengthening initiatives and approaches across all disciplines and levels, from direct service caseworkers and providers to leaders.
To leverage this series of learning events, Reimagining Prevention will also provide information, tools, and resources for Comprehensive Prevention Planning, moving upstream toward primary prevention, community engagement, and successfully managing change.
See the upcoming webinars & workshops in this series below!
Upcoming Webinars & Workshops
Reimagining Prevention Series Learning Objectives:
- Share CDSS’ larger vision for safety, prevention, and early intervention for California
- Impact change by teaching common principles across diverse agencies through webinars and learning conversations
- Lift the importance of equity and community engagement as foundational prevention principles
- Give guidance on new initiatives that move services upstream to support and strengthen families
- Promote a continuum of care for children, youth, mothers, fathers, and caregivers
Who should attend: Everyone! Anyone who is part of the child and family well-being network. For example, staff and stakeholders in child welfare, mental health, probation, FRCs, CBOs, and any other agencies or programs supporting family strengthening, child and family well-being, and child abuse prevention.