Getting Ready to Deliver Family First Prevention Services
June 29, 2022
10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. PDT
Who should attend: Comprehensive Prevention Planning lead agency staff, County Prevention Planning Teams; staff and stakeholders of partner agencies/organizations.
Dr. Khush Cooper
Getting Ready to Deliver Family First Prevention Services – Q&A
July 13, 2022
9:00 – 10:30 A.M. PDT
Registration will open by June 29, 2022.
This learning forum provides a unique opportunity to hear from both national and local experts on the most pressing fiscal considerations and implementation issues for developing Family First Prevention Services. We will provide an in-depth look at the nine Readiness Domains with an emphasis on fiscal considerations for California’s comprehensive prevention planning and Family First Prevention Services Program development. Specific topics will include the principles embedded in federal law, such as Payer of Last Resort and Maintenance of Effort as well as braiding available funding sources, claiming considerations, and federal matching funds.
- Understand the basic fiscal principles within the Family First Prevention Services Act, Part I
- Be able to identify potential funding sources to support a local comprehensive prevention services program
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Readiness work required to implement a comprehensive prevention services program in nine areas:
- Cross-sector collaboration
- Fiscal and funding
- Program design and service array
- Service quality and outcomes
- Workforce training and development (County, service providers)
- Policies, rules, and regulations