Strengthening Families’ Protective Factors: Focus on Knowledge of Parenting & Child Development
Originally presented on March 1, 2022
Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development means having positive discipline techniques and appropriate developmental expectations. Join us as we discuss parenting practices that promote peace and lessons that explore the physical, emotional, and sexual development of children.
- Define the characteristics and skills related to knowledge of parenting and child development.
- Identify everyday actions that support knowledge of parenting and child development.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate knowledge of parenting and child development, for ourselves and for the families we serve, including those who have experienced trauma.
- Make a plan to incorporate this knowledge into your life and work.
Who should attend: All staff of family resource center (FRCs), child abuse prevention councils (CAPCs), and other family-serving organizations.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- This training was recorded. Participants can access the recording and other training materials and resources on the CalTrin Learning Management System by clicking the button below.
- By registering for a CalTrin training, you consent to be added to the CalTrin mailing list. This ensures that you receive notifications about the training(s) for which you are registered. You will also receive 2 CalTrin Connect newsletters each month.
Note: To access the training materials & resources, you will need to log in to the CalTrin Learning Management System, or create a free account.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Maureen Durning is the Owner/Director of Butterfly Trainings that Transform, LLC, a Strengthening Families™ training and consulting firm in Boise, Idaho. She is the co-author of numerous Strengthening Families curricula, most recently STRONG: Teaching the Strengthening Families™ Protective Factor Framework to Parents and Professionals. Maureen was the Strengthening Families coordinator for Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children. She has trained hundreds of trainers nationally and has presented at numerous national conferences. Maureen’s passions are parenting education, child abuse prevention, and creating trainings that are effective, fun, and powerful.
Jane Zink has been working to strengthen families and improve outcomes for children for about 20 years. She helps to build early childhood systems that use the Strengthening Families Protective Factor Framework™ to promote strengths in families and family-serving organizations. Jane has created nationally recognized trainings for professionals and parents and is the co-author of STRONG: Teaching the Strengthening Families Protective Factor Framework to Parents and Professionals. She consults with partners across sectors to help them intentionally implement the framework in their everyday interactions with families.
Owner/Director, Butterfly Trainings that Transform