Measuring Success: Program Evaluation Basics
This workshop was presented on
July 12, 2023
*Training certificates are only available following live trainings or completion of self-paced courses. A certificate will not be provided for review of these materials.
This workshop will focus on skill-building for program evaluation, with a focus on teams that do not have dedicated program evaluation staff. We’ll review the importance of outcomes and evaluation, as well as how to develop measurable goals and objectives, and select what is truly important to measure. Finally, we’ll talk about how to build evaluation into your work processes, use what you learn to improve services, and communicate your results to you staff, your clients, and your stakeholders. Considerations for small teams will be included at each step of the way.
Learners will be able to:
- Understand the importance of examining outcomes and setting program goals
- Practice developing measurable outcomes and discuss how to select what to measure
- Develop strategies for building evaluation into your team’s work
- Review why and how to communicate results, both internally and externally
Who should attend: Leaders, program managers, analysts, and other staff responsible for program evaluation.
IMPORTANT TRAINING INFORMATION:
- This is an interactive training. Please be prepared to participate in activities such as group discussion, break out rooms, and/or demonstration. Your training experience will be best with the use of a web cam, audio, and a training environment conducive to active participation.
- This training will be recorded. The recording will be available to registered learners within 2 days of the training.
- By registering for a CalTrin training, you consent to be added to the CalTrin mailing list.
Training Materials & Resources:
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Jennifer Rolls-Reutz is the Director of both CalTrin and the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare (CEBC). In this role, she oversees day-to-day operations of both projects, and is responsible for their delivery and overall success. Her experiences as a foster and adoptive parent have allowed her to see multiple sides of the child welfare and behavioral health systems, and encouraged her belief in the power of natural supports, prevention and early intervention, data-driven decision making, and second chances.
JENNIFER ROLLS-REUTZ, MPH
Director of CEBC and CalTrin,
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego
As a Training Coordinator for CalTrin, Dana develops and curates training tailored to the needs of child and family-serving professionals in California, especially staff of Family Resource Centers and Child Abuse Prevention Councils. At CalTrin, as well as in previous roles, she has focused on providing high quality, accessible services by building and improving processes and metrics; creating and supporting effective teams; and developing strong relationships with partner agencies.