OCTOBER 28, 2021
Trauma, Parenting, and Challenging Behaviors (School-Age)
This webinar will explore the impact of trauma on parenting and discuss strategies for helping parents identify and respond to challenging behaviors for school-age children exposed to trauma.
- Review the impact of trauma on parenting.
- Identify strategies for managing challenging behavior.
- Discuss importance of caregiver relationship.
Who should attend: Staff of family resource center (FRCs), child abuse prevention councils (CAPCs), and other family-serving organizations.
- “Helping Children Cope in Difficult Times” , by Susan Schmidt, PhD
- Sesame Street: Common and Colbie Cailat Sing “Belly Breathe” with Elmo
- Feelings Thermometers
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN)
Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center Child Trauma Services Program:
Melissa Bernstein, PhD
Rady Children’s Hospital- San Diego
In her role at Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego, Melissa Bernstein, PhD, directs the Advancing California’s Trauma-Informed Systems (ACTS) and Trauma-Informed Licensing Team (TILT) Initiatives. Her research centers around supporting systems in planning for, implementing, and sustaining Trauma-Informed change that aligns with best practice and science.