See schedule below
Foundations of Coaching
Facilitated by the Butler Institute for Families
Coaching is an essential professional development tool. Coaching promotes professional development and helps to retain a highly skilled workforce. This series oﬀers an approach to learn coaching fundamentals and begin integrating it into your organization.
Through this virtual, 5-module series, you will:
- Learn how coaching can transform your organization and workforce.
- Engage in individual and collaborative learning with other professionals, and with the series facilitators, who are certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
- Gain the foundational knowledge and skills to begin coaching others.
Each module includes:
- Pre-work (30 min)
- Virtual Learning Session (120 min)
- Try-it exercises (30 min)
NOTE: This course is focused on the coaching of staff as a workforce development tool, not coaching of clients or parents.
Important registration information!
- This course is now full. If you would like to be added to the later list for future coaching trainings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to limited capacity, registration is only open to California staff at this time. Any remaining seats will be made available for general registration on June 3 .
- Registration will close on June 11
- If you are not able to attend all modules and/or training registration is full, please contact CalTrin to be placed on the waitlist
Module 1: Foundations of Coaching
Pre-work assigned: 6/21/2021
By exploring the differences between coaching, consulting, and mentoring we will define what a coaching mindset is, as well as explore the principles and assumptions of coaching and how it is used to support an individual’s growth and self-awareness.
Module 2: Skills and Techniques of Coaching
Pre-work assigned: 7/12/2021
This module focuses on the phases of a coaching conversation, dives deeper into the skills and techniques used when coaching, and explores how questions can evoke discovery, insight, and commitment or action.
*Note: This session is on a Thursday, not a Tuesday.
Module 3: Incorporating the Coaching Mindset
Pre-work assigned: 7/26/2021
Module 4: Gauging Growth
Pre-work assigned: 8/09/2021
Module 5: Concluding the Coaching Relationship
Pre-work assigned: 8/23/2021