August 19, 2021
8:00 AM-4:00 PM PDT
August 20, 2021
7:45 AM-Noon PDT
Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support Certification Training
How can we work with families most effectively?
What does it mean to be a quality Family Strengthening and Support Program?
How can managers, direct service staff, and families work together to develop and sustain quality programs?
The nationally-adopted Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support are used by public departments, foundations, networks, community-based organizations, and parents used as a tool for planning, providing, and assessing quality practice.
Based on the Principles of Family Support Practice and the Strengthening Families Framework and its research-based evidence-informed 5 Protective Factors, they have created a common language across different kinds of Family Strengthening and Family Support programs such as Family Resource Centers, home visiting programs, and child development programs.
This virtual, 1.5-day certification training details how the Standards can enhance work with families. Whether you are setting up a new program or strengthening an existing one, the Standards provide a blueprint for implementing best practice.
Participants from Programs are highly encouraged to come as teams with Executive Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and Direct Service Staff, as each has a key role to play in implementing the Standards effectively. Participants who complete the full training and pass the open-book quiz will receive a certificate from the National Family Support Network that is valid for two years.
The training will begin promptly at 8:30 AM on August 19 – latecomers will not be admitted. You must attend both days of training.
Important registration information!
- Due to limited capacity, registration is only open to California teams.
- Registration will close on July 23 in order to allow time to ship training materials to registered participants
- This training will not be recorded; if you are not able to attend both days and/or training registration is full, please contact CalTrin to be placed on the waitlist
- This training is full – please contact CalTrin to be placed on the waitlist for future trainings.
To prepare for the training:
- Read the Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support Overview (2 pages)
- Review the Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support (2021 Version) (48 pages; this link will re-direct you to the National Family Support Network website to register to download a Free copy of the Standards)