- This event has passed.
Leading the DRIVE: A Fatherhood Summit on Diversity, Reentry, Inclusion, Vision, and Employment
June 15 - June 16
The National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (NRFC), a national resource funded by the Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Family Assistance (OFA), invites you to join a 2-day virtual event on June 15-16, 2022, focused on promising practices that create equitable access for all fathers.
Workshops will be organized around the topics of Diversity, Reentry, Inclusion, Vision, and Employment (DRIVE) to encourage attendees to Lead the DRIVE to fatherhood excellence. Presenters will include researchers, practitioners, and fathers who will share their lived experiences.
During this event, we will:
• Examine policies that negatively impact fathers and limit access.
• Highlight policies and strategies that increase access to services for fathers.
• Discuss racial equity and inclusion in fatherhood program delivery.
• Reflect on the experience of previously incarcerated fathers as they return to their families and communities and learn about successful strategies to help them navigate their journeys.
• Learn how program leaders have shared their visions for success with program staff, funders, fathers, and policy makers.
• Share and discuss qualitative and quantitative research findings about low-income fathers and disseminate best and promising practices that address their needs.