- This event has passed.
Implicit Bias Mitigation Workshop
May 12, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm PDTFree
This interactive online workshop for leaders will discuss how organizations can address implicit bias using a three-step model: assessment, awareness, and taking action. Rev. Dr. Bryant T. Marks, Sr., will build on the content presented in The Hidden Biases of Good People; attendance at this April 28 foundational training is required to attend the Implicit Bias Mitigation workshop.
Implicit Bias Mitigation will cover:
- Homework assignments from The Hidden Biases of Good People
- Review and discussion of implicit bias in the employee life cycle: hiring, talent development, promotion, and exit
- Three-step model for addressing implicit bias in organizations: assessment, awareness, taking action
- The three components of a bias management action plan: transparency, objective standards, and accountability
- The potential impact of implicit bias on performance evaluations, team dynamics, and decision making in the workplace
- Small working group discussions regarding potential implementation of several practices/policies that are expected to reduce bias at the personal and organizational levels. This dialogue will include:
- Identifying recommendations that are already being implemented as well as the challenges, lessons learned, and impact of each implemented recommendation
- Selecting 2-3 new recommendations that can be implemented in the short-term
- Identifying challenges and solutions to implementing the new 2-3 recommendations
- Creating a list of concrete next steps toward implementation of recommendations
- An overview of follow-up activities and materials that will reinforce workshop information and increase the likelihood of long-term impact
REGISTER HERE for Implicit Bias Mitigation
In keeping with our mission, preference will be given to participants from California in the the event that registration reaches capacity.
Implicit Bias Mitigation Webinar Pre-work
Planning to attend Implicit Bias Mitigation? Please complete the following prior to the workshop:
- Talk to someone close to you about your biases
- Take 5% of your downtime to expose yourself to difference
- Complete the Gender Career Implicit Associations Test (IAT) 1-2 day prior to the workshop (This is a different IAT than the one you completed for The Hidden Biases of Good People)